Full details here (Dutch language)
The Dutch Parliament EU Affairs Committee will hold a roundtable discussion on the Rule of Law on 14 February 2019 with experts from academia and civil society among the speakers.
The invitation to the speakers (in English, kindly provided by Prof. Laurent Pech) states:
The Standing Committee on European Affairs of the Netherlands House of Representatives (Tweede Kamer) will hold a public roundtable discussion on rule of law developments in the European Union. This roundtable discussion is part of a series of activities this year, through which the Committee wishes to further strengthen its knowledge position in this area. All parliamentary parties are represented in the Committee.
In this roundtable, more specifically, the Committee would like to be informed about the developments regarding the rule of law in Poland and Hungary. The input provided by the invited speakers can provide highly valuable insights for the Members of the Committee.
Programme (translated by DEM-DEC)
Academic analysis 15.00 – 16.00
• Dr Petra Bard, associate professor ELTE School of Law, Budapest and visiting professor Central European University
• Prof. Rick Lawson, professor of European law, University of Leiden
• Prof. Laurent Pech, professor of European law, Middlesex University London
• Dr Jonathan Price, PhD Fellow, Instituut Metajuridica, University of Leiden
• Dr Anikó Raisz, DEA, associate professor, Universiteit of Miskolc, Hungary
Judiciary 16.15 – 17.15
• Prof. Geert Corstens, former president of the Supreme Court of the Netherlands
• Dr Kees Sterk, vice-president, Council for the Judiciary
• Dr Miklós Szánthó, director, Center for Fundamental Rights in Budapest, Hungary